Thursday 20 August 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giuseppe Giannini in Rome and Dugomier .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1964 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Giuseppe Giannini in Rome: Italy; soccer player (Rome A Team).
- Dugomier : Belgian cartoonist.
- Duncan Bravo: TV Actor.
- Dino Dvornik: Croatian singer-songwriter guitarist producer and actor (d. 2008).
- Azarias Ruberwa: Congolese lawyer and politician Vice-Presidents of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- LBJ signs anti-poverty measure totaling nearly $1 billion
- President Johnson signs Economic Opportunity Act
- US President Lyndon Johnson signs Economic Opportunity Act (totaling nearly US$1 billion).
- International Telecommunications Satellite Consortium
- Fannie Lou Hamer, civil rights activist and Vice Chair of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, addresses the Credentials Committee of the Democratic National Convention, challenging the all-white Mississippi delegation.
- Goalkeeper Derek Foster of Sunderland becomes the youngest-ever player to play in the Football League, aged 15 years and 185 days.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?