Sunday 21 July 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1963 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Paulo Silva: Brazilian mixed martial artist.
- Greg Behrendt: American comedian guitarist and author (The Reigning Monarchs).
- Dorce Gamalama: Indonesian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Kevin Poole: English footballer and manager.
- Giant Silva: Brazilian basketball player mixed martial artist and wrestler.
- 45th PGA Championship: Jack Nicklaus shoots a 279 at Dallas AC Dallas
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Marvin Gaye - Pride And Joy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?