Thursday 18 July 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1963 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Martín Torrijos: Panamanian economist and politician 35th President of Panama.
- Martin Torrijos Espino: President of Panama.
- Marc Girardelli: Austrian-Luxembourgian skier.
- Mike Greenwell: American baseball player and race car driver.
- Al Snow: American wrestler sportscaster and actor.
- Lonnie Young: NFL safety / cornerback (NY Jets)
- Failed military coup in Syria
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Marvin Gaye - Pride And Joy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?