Tuesday 9 July 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK I Like It by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
This Sporting Life, directed by Lindsay Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1963 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- John Ainsley: English tenor and actor.
- Klaus Theiss: German footballer.
- Frank Bello: US heavy metal bassist (Anthrax-Soldiers of Metal).
- Pamela Annette Sanders: Miami, Florida -- Playmate (November, 1985).
- Frank Mayo: Actor (Santa Fe Trail), dies of heart attack at 74.
- 34th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 5-3 at Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
- All star MVP: Willie Mays (SF Giants)
- Crusher Lisowski beats Verne Gagne in Minneapolis, to become NWA champ
- Federation of Malaysia forms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?