Friday 21 July 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Rider: Stormbreaker or Barnyard.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 21 July 2006 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 July
- The Supreme Court of Japan rules that foreign governments are no longer immune from lawsuits filed in Japan. (Asahi Shimbun)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Israel moves thousands of troops to the Lebanese border including reserves to deal with fierce fighting. (UPI)
- United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will outline a plan for a diplomatic solution to the crisis and will tour the area next week. (Boston Globe)
- The UN-led call for a ceasefire is blocked by the US, UK and Israel. (The Independent).
- Khmer Rouge leader Ta Mok dies in a military hospital while waiting for his trial for crimes against humanity committed in Democratic Kampuchea. (BBC)
- The Cassini spacecraft takes pictures of Saturn's moon Titan that appear to show the presence of hydrocarbon lakes. (NASA)
- Charles Taylor, the former President of Liberia, appears in court in The Hague to face 11 charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity. (CNN)
- Iraq War:
- Four U.S. soldiers accused of murdering suspected insurgents say that officers commanded them to ampquotkill all military age malesampquot. (MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?