Thursday 22 May 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Rihanna.
Sex and the City, directed by Michael Patrick King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2008 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- Robert Asprin: American soldier and author (d. 2008).
- The Late-May 2008 tornado outbreak sequence unleashes 235 tornadoes, including an EF4 and an EF5 tornado, between 22 May and 31 May 2008. The tornadoes struck 19 states and one Canadian province.
- A bomb in Exeter, England explodes in the Princesshay shopping centre linked to Islamic terrorism. (CNN)
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger declares a state of emergency in Santa Cruz County for the ongoing Summit Fire burning in the Santa Cruz Mountains. (KSBW)
- Weld County Tornado: One person is killed and at least 100 are injured in Weld County, Colorado after a tornado tears through the county. Colorado Governor Bill Ritter declares a state of emergency and activates the Colorado National Guard in the affected region. (ABC 7)
- Two civilians and a Lithuanian soldier are killed as an Afghan protest over the Koran shooting outside the Chagcharan Airfield in the Ghor Province of Afghanistan turns violent. (CNN)
- The death toll from the 2008 Sichuan earthquake rises to 51,151 with 29,328 still missing. (AFP via ''Times of South Africa'')
- The President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili claims victory for his United National Movement party in the Georgian legislative election, 2008 with the Opposition claiming that the vote had been rigged. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?