Friday 22 October 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- The International Space Station surpasses the record for the longest continuous human occupation of space, having been continuously inhabited since November 2, 2000 (3641 days).
- Wikileaks releases Iraq War Logs, secret American military records which reveal new information, including that U.S. commanders allowed torture and execution to occur without investigation and that hundreds of civilians have been killed at U.S. military checkpoints during the War on Iraq. Hillary Rodham Clinton and other U.S. officials condemn the disclosures. (''New York Times'')
- Three bombs explode in front of government offices in Kirovohrad, Ukraine, ahead of a visit by President Viktor Yanukovych. (''People's Daily'')
- Indonesia admits that the men seen torturing Papuan villagers in a video were soldiers of the Indonesian National Armed Forces. (Al Jazeera)
- A bomb attack killed six Pakistani soldiers in the Orakzai tribal region. (dawn)
- At least two people are killed following a blast near a mosque in Peshawar, Pakistan. (AAJ)
- Fighting between pro-government forces and Islamist insurgents in Beled-Hawa district of Somalia near the Kenyan border has killed 12 people. (Associated Press)
- 2 Iranian films, ‘Michael’ and ‘When the Light Shines’, win top prizes at Italy's “13th International Religions Today Film Festival” at its closing ceremony. (IRNA)
- Fifty-seventh National Film Awards given away by President Pratibha Patel in New Delhi. (Hindu)
- Chilean writer and social critic Pablo Huneeus registers the copyright in ampquotEstamos bien en el refugio los 33ampquot on behalf of of the man who wrote it. (BBC)
- 2010 strikes in France:
- French riot police take over the Grandpuits Total S.A. oil refinery which had been blockaded by strikers for more than ten days. (BBC)
- The Senate of France passes the contentious pension reform bills. (BBC)
- French trade unions plan two further days of protest on October 28 and November 6. (Reuters)
- The Premier of Saskatchewan Brad Wall calls on the Government of Canada to reject a $28.6 billion takeover bid by BHP Billiton for the Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan. (''The Star'')
- China’s urban unemployment rate fell to 4.1% at September. (''Business China'')
- Unemployment fell in 23 states and Washington, D.C., rose in 11 states. (Washington Times)
- The Haitian Health Ministry informs the World Health Organisation of a cholera outbreak north of Port-au-Prince at least 150 people have been killed. (BBC)
- An outbreak of jiggers, a rotting disease, kills 20 people in Uganda and sickens a further 20,000. (''Straits Times'')
- Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon warns that North Korea is headed for a ampquotchronicampquot food crisis with droughts and floods in various parts of the country. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?