Friday 23 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1953 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Robin Zander: American musician, the lead singer and guitarist of the rock band, Cheap Trick begnning in 1972.
- Stéphane Lissner: French stage and opera theatre director.
- Pat Haden in Westbury: New York, USA; NFL quarterback (Los Angeles Rams).
- Alister E McGrath: British theologian and scientist.
- John Luther Adams: American composer.
- John Adams: American composer
- Alister McGrath: Irish priest historian and theologian
- Antonio Villaraigosa: American politician, first Latino mayor of Los Angeles in over 130 years, elected on May 17, 2005 and sworn in to the office on July 1st.
- Pat Haden: Westbury, New York -- NFL quarterback (LA Rams)
- NFL Dallas Texans become Baltimore Colts (later Indianapolis Colts).
- Bobby Simpson makes first-class debut for New South Wales at age 16 years 357 days.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?