Thursday 23 January 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mariska Hargitay in Los Angeles and Frank Winters.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Man's Favorite Sport?, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1964 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Mariska Hargitay in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Jesse Smith - Downtown).
- Frank Winters: NFL center (Green Bay Packers-Super Bowl XXXI).
- Mariska Hargitay: American actress and noted family, one of three kids of actress Jayne Mansfield and her husband Mickey Hargitay, along with two half-siblings.
- Jonatha Brooke: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Story).
- Bharrat Jagdeo: Guyanese economist and politician 7th President of Guyana.
- Mario Roberge: Canadian ice hockey player
- Louis Horst: Composer, dies at 80.
- 24th Amendment ratified, barring poll tax in federal elections
- The 24th Amendment to the United States Constitution, prohibiting the use of poll taxes in national elections, is ratified.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?