Saturday 25 January 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Sweeney in Concord and William Thomas Andrade in Fall River.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Man's Favorite Sport?, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1964 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Bob Sweeney in Concord: Massachusetts, USA; NHL center (New York Islanders, Calgary Flames).
- William Thomas Andrade in Fall River: Massachusetts, USA; PGA golfer (1991 Kemper Open).
- Tim Kempton: American basketball player: center/forward.
- Beatles 1st US #1, I Want to Hold your Hand (Cashbox)
- Echo 2, US communications satellite launched
- Echo 2 US communications satellite launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?