Sunday 26 January 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Man's Favorite Sport?, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1964 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Peter Braunstein: American journalist, writer, playwright, and rapist.
- Paul Johansson: American actor.
- Adam Crozier: Scottish businessman.
- The annual telecasts of ''The Wizard of Oz'' resume after being temporarily discontinued in 1963. The reason for the film's not being shown that year is not made public, but it is possible that it was because of the recent assassination of President John F. Kennedy. If the then-established pattern of Christmas-season showings of the film had continued in 1963, the movie would have had to be shown in early December, only two weeks after the President's death.
- France and the People's Republic of China announce their decision to establish diplomatic relations.
- U.S. Senator Margaret Chase Smith, 66, announces her candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?