Saturday 4 January 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephanie Maxwell-Pierson in Somerville and Nikos Thanopoulos.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tenkes kapitánya.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1964 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Stephanie Maxwell-Pierson in Somerville: New Jersey, USA; American rower (Olympics-1992).
- Nikos Thanopoulos: Greek businessman.
- Tom Westman: American reality-show contestant.
- Dot Jones: TV Actress.
- Riki Takeuchi: Japanese actor and producer.
- Ralph Dumke: Actor (Movieland Quiz), dies at 64.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Martha and the Vandellas - Quicksand
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?