Wednesday 8 January 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1964 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Virgil Hill: Missouri, United States -- Middleweight boxer (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Marc Quinn: English sculptor.
- Ron Sexsmith: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- European Parliament accepts Mansholt Plan.
- US President Lyndon B Johnson declares "War on Poverty".
- In his first State of the Union Address, U.S. President Lyndon Johnson declares a quotWar on Povertyquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?