Friday 17 April 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stranger Among Bears.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed: Evolution or Trine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 April 2009 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 April
- An airplane crash kills 11 people in Papua, Indonesia. (UPI)
- American Sterling Bank in Sugar Creek, Missouri, is closed. (MarketWatch)
- The Bangladesh Police arrest 31 suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members for planning terrorism. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Irish political party Fianna Fáil departs the Alliance for Europe of the Nations and joins the European Liberal Democrat and Reform Party. (EurActiv)
- Two earthquakes kill 22 people in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan. (Sky News)
- Peter Sunde, Fredrik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm, and Carl Lundström of The Pirate Bay are found guilty of copyright infringement and imprisoned until 2010. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- People's Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul is injured in an apparent assassination attempt in Bangkok, Thailand. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- A recount in Moldova's parliamentary election confirms an ampquotemphatic winampquot by the Communist Party. (''Russia Today'')
- The trial of Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasāb resumes. (Al Jazeera)
- Serbian President Boris Tadić visits Kosovo. (Deutsche Welle)
- The Czech Republic invites Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko to a European Union summit in May. (RIA Novosti)
- Botswana will reduce its output of diamonds by more than 50% in 2009. (AFP)
- Malagasy President Andry Rajoelina issues an arrest warrant for former President Marc Ravalomanana. (News 24)
- South Africa's Army enters KwaZulu-Natal province to prevent violence during the upcoming general election. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?