Monday 25 May 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Proposal, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whose Line Brazil.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories or Babel Rising.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 May 2009 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 May
- Haakon Lie: Norwegian politician who served as party secretary of the Labour Party from 1945 to 1969.
- North Korea allegedly tests its second nuclear device. Following the nuclear test, Pyongyang also conducted several missile tests building tensions in the international community.
- North Korea announces that it has conducted a second successful nuclear test in the province of North Hamgyong. The United Nations Security Council condemns the reported test.
- Nine United Kingdom Cabinet ministers have been implicated in Parliament's expenses scandal. (RTÉ)
- Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj of the Democratic Party is elected as President of Mongolia. (BBC)
- North Korea conducts its second nuclear test. (ABC News Australia)
- Singapore's consumer price index decreased by 1.5% in April, its largest recorded decline. (Reuters)
- Somali President Sharif Ahmed requests international aid in combating Islamic militants. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?