Sunday 25 August 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rafet El Roman and Raz Degan.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1968 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Rafet El Roman: Turkish singer and composer.
- Raz Degan: Israeli model and actor of cinema, television and theatre, who resides in Italy.
- Rachael Ray: American chef and television personality.
- Rafet Roman: Turkish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Yuri Mitsui: Japanese actress model and race car driver.
- Stuart Murdoch: Scottish singer-songwriter (Belle and Sebastian)
- Spider One: American singer-songwriter and producer (Powerman 5000)
- Takeshi Ueda: Japanese singer-songwriter and bass player (The Mad Capsule Markets)
- Arthur Ashe becomes 1st black to win US singles championship
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Ladies World Series of Golf
- New York Yankees' outfield Rocky Colavito pitches 2 2/3 innings and beats the Detroit Tigers 6-5; he played right field in the second game and hit a home run.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?