Saturday 26 January 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1929 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Gordon Solie: American wrestling commentator (d. 2000).
- Jules Feiffer: American cartoonist playwright screenwriter and educator.
- Paul Nelson: American musician and composer.
- Jules Feiffer in New York City: New York, USA; cartoonist (Passionella) author (Little Murders).
- M R Turner: Publisher.
- Urda Arneberg: Norwegian actress. She had her stage debut in 1948, aged 19. She appeared in at least 17 films and television shows between 1949 and 1989. A notable appearance was the film Ut av mørket ('Out of the Darkness'), which was entered into the 8th Berlin International Film Festival. She was married (later divorced) to director Arild Brinchmann.
- Douglas Easley: American actor and record producer. With business partner Davis McCain he runs Easley McCain Recording, a recording studio, based in Memphis, Tennessee, notable for recording musicians such as Sonic Youth, White Stripes, Jeff Buckley, amongst many others.
- Elmer Kelton: American journalist and writer, known particularly for his Western novels.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?