Friday 28 January 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dybbuk, directed by Michal Waszynski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1938 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Didier Sicard: French physician and former president of the National Consultative Ethics Committee from 1999 to 2008.
- Ane Borgen: Norwegian novelist.
- Andre Herrero: French rugby player, selected 22 times in international events between 1963 and 1967 to play as 2nd row and wing forward.
- Leonid Zhabotynsky: Ukrainian weightlifter.
- Tomas Lindahl: Swedish-English biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Leonid Zhabotinsky: Ukrainian weightlifter and coach (d. 2016)
- Mary Downing: American pro astrologer, serving several stints as NCGR's executive director, and director of publicity for the first three United Astrology Conferences. A steering committee member of AFAN, she seemed for several years to be at the center of political debate. Mary's astrological interest began in college and she learned Cosmobiology when she lived in Germany.
- Bernd Rosemeyer: German race car driver, killed in a driving accident 1/28/1938, 11:50 AM, Frankfurt, Germany.
- The World Land Speed Record on a public road is broken by driver Rudolf Caracciola in the Mercedes-Benz W195 at a speed of 432.7 kilometres per hour (268.9 mph).
- Adolf Hitler abolishes the War Ministry and creates the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (High Command of the Armed Forces), giving him direct control of the German military. In addition, Hitler sacks political and military leaders considered unsympathetic to his philosophy or policies. General Werner von Fritsch is forced to resign as Commander of Chief of the German Army following accusations of homosexuality, and replaced by General Walther von Brauchitsch. Foreign Minister Baron Konstantin von
- Walt Disney's ''Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'', the first cel-animated feature in motion picture history, is released in the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 January 1938 and get them!