Saturday 1 January 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1938 ?
- Clay Cole: American television host and producer (d. 2010).
- Robert Jankel: English businessman founded Panther Westwinds (d. 2005).
- Bill Emerson American politician (Representative-Republican-Missouri: 1981-).
- Frank Langella: American actor and legitimate theater producer, best known for his 1970s performances in "Diary of a Mad Housewife" and "Dracula," though he has had a distinguished theater career of classical and demanding roles in over 70 plays.
- Erkki Lähde: Finnish professor, a forest scientist whose radical views on how to manage forests stir dissent.
- Gus Trikonis: American actor, dancer and singer who moved began directing in 1975. He appeared in such films as "West Side Story" and the "Unsinkable Molly Brown."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?