Saturday 15 January 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1938 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Ashraf Aman: Pakistani engineer and mountaineer.
- Estrella Blanca: Mexican wrestler.
- Chuni Goswami: Indian footballer and cricketer.
- Solicitor General Stanley Reed is appointed to the US Supreme Court.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?