Friday 7 January 1938, Orthodox Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Actis and Roland Topor.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1938 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Robert Actis: French criminal, one of the last men to be sentenced to death and executed in France.
- Roland Topor: French artist and writer.
- Lou Graham: American golfer and soldier.
- Fred Whitfield: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- Joseph P. Kennedy is appointed American Ambassador to Great Britain, and Hugh R. Wilson is appointed Ambassador to Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?