Monday 10 January 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Twigden and Francis W.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1938 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Ivan Twigden: English contractor / multi-millionaire (Twigden PLC).
- Francis W: "Frank" Mahovlich; NHL Hall of Famer (Montreal Canadiens).
- Willie "Stretch": McCovey; first baseman (San Francisco Giants #44).
- Jim Bailey: American female impersonator of singing stars, a remarkable illusionist.
- Willie McCovey: American Major League Baseball first baseman, nicknamed "Mac", "Big Mac", and "Stretch".
- Willy Mc: Mobile sports Champions
- Donald Knuth: American mathematician and computer scientist
- Frank Mahovlich: Canadian ice hockey player and politician
- Willem de Vreese: Flemish linguist, dies at 68.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?