Tuesday 25 January 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dybbuk, directed by Michal Waszynski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1938 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Etta James: Blues Singer.
- Betico Croes: Arubian politician (Status Aparte).
- Vladimir Vysotsky: Soviet singer, songwriter, poet, and actor whose career had an immense and enduring effect on Russian culture.
- Shotaro Ishinomori: Japanese author and illustrator (d. 1998).
- Leiji Matsumoto: Japanese author illustrator and animator.
- A brilliant aurora borealis described variously as quota curtain of firequot and a quothuge blood-red beam of lightquot startles people across Europe and is visible as far south as Gibraltar.
- The Niagara Bridge at Niagara Falls, New York collapses due to an ice jam.
- German War Minister Field Marshal Werner von Blomberg resigns, following the revelation that his new wife had previously posed for pornographic photos.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1938 and get them!