Thursday 13 January 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1938 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Billy Gray in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Bud - Father Knows Best).
- Cabu : French comic strip artist and caricaturist.
- Paavo Johannes Heininen: Composer.
- Richard Anthony: French jewish singer of the "yéyé" period, in the sixties, born to an "ambassadeur".
- William B Davis: Canadian actor.
- Daevid Allen: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Soft Machine and Gong) (d. 2015)
- Dave Edwards: American captain and politician (d. 2013)
- Tord Grip: Swedish footballer and manager
- Anna Home: English screenwriter and producer
- Shivkumar Sharma: Indian santoor player and composer
- The Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has its New York premiere, at Radio City Music Hall.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?