Wednesday 5 January 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1938 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Edwin Elliason: Washington, United States -- US archer (1992 Olympics).
- Jim Otto: NFL center (Oakland Raiders).
- Leo Avery: Abbot of Quarr.
- Juan King of Spain: World Leader.
- David Grisham: American astrologer, a pro member of AFA at Tulsa, OK.
- James Otto: American pro football player with the Oakland Raiders from 1960 to 1974. After his retirement from the team he went into business, owning various fast food franchises.In 1980 he was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame. In 1995 he joined the administrative staff of the Raiders. His 39-year-old daughter died in 1997.
- Juan Carlos: I; king of Spain (1975-).
- Ngũgĩ Thiong'o: Kenyan author and playwright
- Ngugi wa Thiong'o: Kenyan writer
- King Juan: Carlos I of Spain
- Piet Kruiver: Dutch soccer star.
- Lindsay Crosby: American noted family, the youngest of four sons of Bing and Dixie Crosby. Completing his military service in 1959, he went into a nightclub act with his three brothers. All were drinking and partying and it quickly fell apart.
- Jose Del Canizo: Spanish writer of gardening books and Children's Literature. PhD in Agronomy from the University of Madrid and member of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Malaga.
- Juan Carlos I : Italian-Spanish royalty, the son of the exiled Don Juan and after the death of Dictator Francisco Franco, Spain's first King since 1931. Juan Carlos was educated in Europe and reestablished the Spanish monarchy in 1975 when he was sworn in as King on 11/22/1975.
- US Justice George Sutherland retires from the US Supreme Court at age 75.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?