Tuesday 11 January 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1938 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Fischer Black: American economist and academic (d. 1995).
- Gavin Millar: Scottish director producer and screenwriter.
- Frankie Randall: American singer-songwriter actor and dancer (d. 2014).
- Fischer S Black Jr: Financial theorist.
- Michael Fenn: Docker / socialist.
- Narvel Felts: Country singer
- John August Swanson: American artist
- Vladimir Krpan: Croatian pianist
- Arthur Scargill: British labor union president. He became president of the National Union of Mine Workers on 12/08/1981. He was involved in the Miner's strike in Britain.
- Bradman scores a second innings 113 vs. Queensland after a ton in the 1st
- Frances Moulton is the first woman to become president of a U.S. national bank.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1938 and get them!