Sunday 16 January 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1938 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Michael Pataki: American actor director and producer (d. 2010).
- Jô Soares: Brazilian comedian actor and talk show host.
- Marina Vaizey: American journalist and critic.
- Michael Pataki in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; actor (Get Christie Love).
- Jo Soares: Brazilian TV comedian, host of an interview program and a radio jazz program.
- Infante Carlos: Duke of Calabria (d. 2015)
- Benny Goodman refuses to play Carnegie Hall when black members of his band were barred from performing
- The Benny Goodman Orchestra performed the first jazz concert at Carnegie Hall.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?