Monday 28 January 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1957 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Harley Jane Kozak: Actress (Arachnophobia, Necessary Roughness).
- Nick Price in Durban: South Africa; PGA golfer (1991 Byron Nelson Classic).
- Kent Kessler: American bassist.
- Mark Napier: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Nick Price: South African-Zimbabwean golfer.
- Frank Skinner: English comedian actor and author
- Fred Stein: TV panelist (Live Begins at 80), dies at 88.
- Tonight! America After Dark premieres, with Jack Lescoulie and Al (Jazzbo) Collins on NBC (between Steve Allen and Jack Paar)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?