Wednesday 23 January 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1957 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Caroline : Monaco royalty, the daughter and first child of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- Caroline of Monaco: Royalty.
- Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi: Monte Carlo, Monaco -- Princess.
- Lou Schuler: American journalist and author.
- Willie Edwards: American murder victim (d. 1957).
- Ku Klux Klan members force truck driver Willie Edwards to jump off a bridge into the Alabama River he drowns as a result.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?