Thursday 28 November 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Charade, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1963 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Cornelia Guest: American debutante.
- Jesus Ledesma Aguilar: Mexican convicted killer (d. 2006).
- Jesús Aguilar: Mexican murderer (d. 2006).
- Armando Iannucci: Scottish comedian actor director and producer.
- Andrew Jones: English politician.
- Johnny Newman: NBA guard / foward (Denver Nuggets, Milwaukee Bucks)
- Walt Weiss: American baseball player and manager
- Thierry Paulin: French serial killer of elderly women. Between 1986 and 1987, he murdered 31 senior citizens with his accomplice Jean-Thierry Mathurin. They were arrested and sentenced to jail on 12/01/1987, where Paulin died of AIDS on 4/17/1989, Fresnes, France.
- 1st million copy record prior to release I Want to Hold Your Hand
- Beatles She Loves You returns to #1 on UK record chart
- Crusher beats Verne Gagne in St. Paul, to become NWA champ
- WHNT TV channel 19 in Huntsville, AL (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Dixiebelles - (Down At) Papa Joe's
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?