Sunday 17 November 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marco T Dawson and Pedro Luis Estrada.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Deep Purple by Nino Tempo & April Stevens.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Skydivers, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1963 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Marco T Dawson: Freising, Germany -- PGA golfer (1995 Greater Milw-2nd).
- Pedro Luis Estrada: Brooklyn, New York -- Murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Shannon Miller: Canadian hockey player, coach and policewoman, she coached her national women's hockey team to a Silver medal in ice hockey at the 1998 Olympics.
- Jeffrey Ridgway: YouTube Star.
- Randy Black: Canadian drummer (Annihilator and Primal Fear).
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Mary Mills Miss Gulf Coast Golf Invitational
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- Bobby Bare - 500 Miles Away From Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?