Monday 28 September 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1953 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Jim Diamond: Scotish singer / songwriter (I Should Have Known Better).
- Cattin Donat: Italian terrorist, leader of the Prima Linea, involved in many terrorist episodes.
- Otmar Hasler: Liechtensteiner educator and politician 11th Prime Minister of Liechtenstein.
- Bob & Ray Show, TV Variety
- Juvenile Jury, TV Childrens, last airs on NBC, moved to CBS
- Racket Squad, TV Crime Drama, last airs on CBS
- Dutch government proclaims 5% general pay increase on Jan 1, 1954
- KOAT TV channel 7 in Albuquerque, NM (ABC / PBS) begins broadcasting
- At the General Motors Proving Grounds near Milford, Chevrolet officially unveils the Corvette to automotive press journalists. The Corvette features Powerglide two-speed automatic transmission, Polo White exterior paint, Sportsman Red interior, black canvas top, in-line six-cylinder engine, AM radio, and heater. The engine features overhead valves, cast-iron block, 235.5 cubic inch displacement, 150 horsepower, and three one-barrel carburetors.
- In New York, Roy Disney meets with ABC-TV's Leonard Goldenson, to seek financing for Disneyland Park. Goldenson eagerly agrees to participate. The final agreement includes a US$500,000 investment from ABC-Paramount, guarantee for US$4.5 million line of credit, in return for 35 percent interest in Disneyland Park, and a weekly one-hour TV program with Disney films and production for TV.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?