Wednesday 28 October 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Tewes and Jean-Luc Bouilleret.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Calamity Jane, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Motorola Television Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1953 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Lauren Tewes: Trafford, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Julie McCoy-Love Boat).
- Jean-Luc Bouilleret: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Amiens from 2003 to 2013, and who was appointed Archbishop of Besançon on 10 October 2013.
- Pierre Boivin: Canadian businessman and hockey executive.
- Desmond Child: American songwriter and producer.
- Red Barber, resigns as Dodger sportscaster to join Yankees
- Bud Grant of Winnipeg Blue Bombers intercepts five passes (record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?