Thursday 30 August 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1951 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Dana Rosemary Scallon: Irish singer (as Dana) and politician.
- Jim Paredes: Filipino singer-songwriter and actor (APO Hiking Society).
- Dana Scallon: English-Irish singer and politician.
- Gediminas Kirkilas: Lithuanian politician 11th Prime Minister of Lithuania.
- Dana: Singer / actress (Flight of the Doves).
- Timothy Bottoms: American actor, the eldest of four acting brothers. He was the juvenile lead and rising star of the early '70s following impressive TV credits. His films included "Johnny Got His Gun," 1971 "The Last Picture Show" and "The Paper Chase," 1973.
- US and Philippines sign mutual defense pact
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 August 1951 and get them!