Monday 13 August 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1951 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Gwen Cheeseman: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Field hockey goalie (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Dan Fogelberg in Peoria: Illinois, USA; rocker ("Same Auld Lang Syne").
- Daniel Amos: American CEO executive of American Family, an insurance corporation.
- Dan Fogelberg: American singer, songwriter with a sweet face and sweet voice.
- Denis Pessin: French political cartoonist.
- Amy Shapiro: American astrologer whose interest in astrology and metaphysics began in 1965 with teacher Isabel Hickey, author of "Astrology: A Cosmic Science," at Boston School of Astrology. In Boston, Amy was active in Star Rovers Astrological Association, the National Council for Geocosmic Research and North Star Astrological Assn. In the 1970's she worked for an astrological publisher editing astrology texts, including the "Planets In..." series. She was a Customer Relations consultant for Astral Research
- Ric Parnell: English drummer and songwriter (Atomic Rooster and Nova)
- Great-Britain and Iraq sign new oil contract
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?