Wednesday 8 August 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1951 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Randy Shilts: American writer, a journalist and the author of a groundbreaking best-seller, "And The Band Played On," 1987, an expose and report on the situation of AIDS in the U.S.
- Mohamed Morsi: Egyptian politician who served as the fifth President of Egypt, having assumed office on 30 June 2012.
- Louis Van Gaal: Dutch football manager who is the current manager of the Dutch national team.
- Martin Brest: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Fast Times at Ridgemont High).
- Phil Carlson: Australian cricketer.
- Mamoru Oshii: Japanese director producer and screenwriter
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?