Monday 20 August 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Lynott and Svetlana Oktyabrevna Omelchenko.
St. Benny the Dip, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1951 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Phil Lynott: Dublin, Ireland -- Rock bassist (Thin Lizzy).
- Svetlana Oktyabrevna Omelchenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Marcel Dadi: French-Tunisian jewish musician, a folk guitarist.
- Greg Bear: American author.
- Mohamed Morsi: Egyptian engineer and politician 5th President of Egypt.
- DeForest Soaries: American minister and politician 30th Secretary of State of New Jersey
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?