Monday 6 August 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
When Worlds Collide, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1951 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Catherine Hicks in Scottsdale: Arizona, USA; actress (Star Trek IV, Child's Play).
- Christophe De Margerie: French businessman, CEO of oil company Total.
- Daryl Somers: Australian singer television host and producer.
- Philippe Gloaguen: French writer and businessman, co-founder of Guide du routard (English: Backpacker's guide) since 1973.
- Catherine Hicks: TV Actress.
- Typhoon floods kill 4,800 in Manchuria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?