Monday 30 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
When Worlds Collide, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1951 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ilene Kristen: American actress, known for her role as Delilah on the TV soap "Ryan's Hope.
- Alan Kourie: South African cricketer.
- Gerry Judah: Indian-English painter and sculptor.
- Ty Cobb testifies before the Emanuel Celler committee, denying that the reserve clause makes peons of baseball players
- David Lean's ''Oliver Twist'' is finally shown in the United States, after 10 minutes of supposedly anti-Semitic references and closeups of Alec Guinness as Fagin are cut. It will not be shown uncut in the U.S. until 1970.
- August ndash Paramount Pictures releases George Pal science fiction film ''When Worlds Collide''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?