Wednesday 30 November 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Fabel and Billy Idol (born William Michael Albert Broad).
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1955 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Brad Fabel: Louisville, Kentucky -- Nike golfer (1994 NIKE Gateway Classic).
- Billy Idol (born William Michael Albert Broad): British musician.
- Gordon Liu: Chinese actor.
- Billy Idol: English rock musician who first achieved fame in the punk rock era as a member of the band Generation X. He then embarked on a successful solo career, and a series of music videos for songs such as "White Wedding", "Rebel Yell" and "Eyes Without a Face" made him one of the first MTV stars.
- Kevin Conroy: American actor (Batman in the DC animated universe).
- Michael Beschloss: American historian and author
- Richard Burr: American businessman academic and politician
- Andy Gray: Scottish footballer and sportscaster
- Muricy Ramalho: Brazilian manager and former football player
- Pipe Dream opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 245 performances
- Argentine government disbands Peronistic party
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?