Saturday 30 October 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Due Date, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 October 2010 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 October
- Harry Mulisch: Dutch writer, one of the "big three" of the Dutch postwar literature writers, probably the most influential and most honoured star of them.
- One person was killed and eight others were wounded when unknown assailants opened fire in Rawalpindi’s Civil Lines area of Pakistan. (dawn)
- Gunman opened fire on a group of people on a neighborhood sports field in northern Honduras and killed at least 14. (Shanghai Daily)
- NATO forces repel a Taliban attack on an outpost in Afghanistan's Paktika Province, killing at least 80 insurgents. (''The Australian'')
- 2010 cargo plane bomb plot
- The United States searches on Saturday for the people behind the attempts to send mail bombs to Chicago synagogues. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Yemeni authorities arrest two women in relation to the attack and search for other people of interest. (AP)
- President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai reprimands Russia after its forces enter the country without permission and ampquotviolate Afghan sovereigntyampquot in a joint mission with United States agents. Karzai orders an investigation. (BBC)
- Thousands of people flee their homes in Guinea amid ethnic clashes ahead of a presidential run-off. (IOL)
- Community leaders in Plateau State, Nigeria, appeal for calm following attacks by Muslim Hausa-Fulani against a Christian village near the city of Jos. (BBC)
- Somali pirates attack and seize a Liberian tanker with 24 crew on board in the Indian Ocean. (AFP)
- A roadside bomb targeting the African Union Mission to Somalia kills seven people in the capital Mogadishu. (AHN)
- English pop group Take That sell 1 million 2011 reunion tour tickets within 24 hours amid crashing websites and jammed phone lines. (BBC)
- 18-year old Alexandria Mills from the USA wins the 60th edition of the Miss World pageant in China. (ABC News)
- A large oil field is discovered off the coast of Brazil that could contain between 8 and 15 billion barrels. (BBC)
- At least 16 people drown and 70 are missing after an overcrowded ferry sinks in a river in West Bengal, eastern India. (AFP)
- Aftermath of October 2010 Sumatra earthquake:
- The death toll from the tsunami climbs to 413 and 218 people missing with the Government of Indonesia considering evacuations. (CNN)
- Rescue workers find 135 people on a remote island and revise downwards by half the missing toll. (Al Jazeera)
- Typhoon Chaba heads towards eastern Japan. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?