Wednesday 31 January 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1917 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Jose Maceda: composer.
- Erich Geiringer: General practitioner campaigner.
- Fred Bassetti: American architect founded Bassetti Architects (d. 2013).
- Arthur Esch: American military, Rear Admiral in the U.S.
- Germany notifies US that U-boats will attack neutral merchant ship.
- World War I: Germany announces that its U-boats will resume unrestricted submarine warfare after a two-year hiatus.
- WWI: Germany announces its U-boats will engage in unrestricted submarine warfare.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Horace Wright
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?