Tuesday 1 April 1930US date format: 4/1/1930, UK date format: 1/4/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marisa Borini and Joan Franks-Williams.
Earth, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1930 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Marisa Borini
- Grace Lee Whitney in Ann Arbor: Michigan, USA; actress (Yeoman Rand - Star Trek).
- Joan Franks-Williams: Composer.
- F Gossman: American bishop (d. 2013).
- Eugene Weingand: German-American actor (d. 1986).
- Grace Whitney: American actress and singer (d. 2015).
- Blue Angel, starring unknown Marlene Dietrich, premieres in America