Thursday 1 April 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otto Wilhelm Fischer and Art Lund.
Crossed Wires, directed by Frederic Richard Sullivan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1915 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Art Lund: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Singer (Ken Murray Show).
- Otto Wilhelm Fischer: Austrian actor (d. 2004).
- Willy Dixon: blues artist (Mellow Down Easy).
- Otto Fischer: Austrian actor.
- O Fischer: Austrian-Swiss actor and director (d. 2004).
- Johann Joseph Abert composer: dies at age 82.