Wednesday 14 April 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Grimes .
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1915 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Oscar Grimes: American baseball player, a right-handed infielder with the Cleveland Indians, New York Yankees, and Philadelphia Athletics between 1938 and 1946.
- Dutch merchant navy ship Katwijk sunk by Germany torpedo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Goodbye, Girls, I'm Through - Lambert Murphy
- They All Had a Finger in the Pie - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?