Thursday 29 April 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Mills and Richard Depoorter.
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1915 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Donald Mills: American entertainer, one of four brothers who set groundbreaking standards with their crooning musical hits.
- Richard Depoorter: Belgium sport Champion.
- Fernand Pincon: France Military man.
- Bernard Lescan: Dieppe Military man.
- Henry Barschall: German-American physicist and academic (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Virginia Lee - Peerless Quartet
- When My Ship Comes In - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?