Sunday 1 April 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Barbata and Edwin Catmull.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1945 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- John Barbata: American musician, the drummer with "Jefferson Starship.
- Gabe Kaplan: Comedian.
- Edwin Catmull: Scientist.
- Ed Catmull: Businessman.
- Heather Young in Bremerton: Washington, USA; actress (Betty - Land of Giants).
- 1st edition of Indonesia Merdeka publishes
- Ruhrgebied sealed off by US 1st and 9th army
- US forces invade Okinawa during WWII
- World War II: Operation Iceberg : United States troops land on Okinawa in the last campaign of the war.
- Canadian troops free Doetinchem, Enschede, Borculo and Eibergen.
- American 1st and 9th Armies complete an encirclement of the Ruhr area of Germany, isolating 325,000 German soldiers of Army Group B.
- Sons of Elburger Soccer team forms in Elburg.
- 50,000 American 10th Army troops land on Okinawa, Japan.