Thursday 22 April 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Dudley and Lord Airedale.
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1915 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Dick Dudley: Tennessee, United States -- TV host (Village Barn).
- Lord Airedale: British Lord (Socialist Democrat).
- George Henderson: Scottish educator, professor of philosophy and editor of "The Philosophical Quarterly" from 1962.
- Dino Viola: Italian soccer manager, the President of Rome's soccer team.
- 1st military use of poison gas (chlorine, by Germany) in WWI
- 2nd Battle of Ypres begins
- New York Yankees don pinstripes and hat-in-the-ring logo for first time.
- The use of poison gas in World War I escalates when chlorine gas is released as a chemical weapon in the Second Battle of Ypres.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Little House Upon the Hill - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- My Molancholy Baby - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?