Friday 23 April 1915
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Quinn and Georges Lerminier.
The Tramp, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1915 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Anthony Quinn: Mexican-American actor, a two-time Oscar winner best known for his 1964 portrayal of "Zorba the Greek.
- Georges Lerminier: Orléans Journalist.
- Fernand Sablon: Epernay physician.
- Arnold Hall: English engineer academic and businessman (d. 2000).
- ACA becomes National Advisory Council on Aeronautics (NACA).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When My Ship Comes In - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Virginia Lee - Peerless Quartet