Sunday 1 April 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Unni Drougge and Jeffrey Beecroft.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Mohawk, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Edge Of The Sea by Rachel Carson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1956 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Unni Drougge: Swedish writer and TV guest celebrity often seen in discussion shows.
- Jeffrey Beecroft: American production designer and art director.
- 10th Tony Awards: Diary of Anne Frank and Damn Yankees win.
- KPIC TV channel 4 in Roseburg, OR (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Violent clashes in Algeria, at least 380 killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?